Your account | Sign in
September Wines
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Wine
If you are ordering for local delivery, you are not guaranteed to receive your order on the same day. If you need it for same day delivery, please call the store at least one hour before we close to arrange.

Hours for Delivery:
M-F 3-9p
Sat 3-10p
Sun 3-7p
View: Sort results:

Occhipinti

Occhipinti is located in Vittoria, in the southwestern corner of Sicily, and winemaker Arianna Occhipinti's reputation seems to grow with every vintage. Her first vintage was 2004, though it wasn't until 2005 that her wines were internationally distributed. Arianna has a total of 10 hectares of Nero d'Avola and Frappato vines that, since April of 2009, have been farmed using biodynamic methods, which she believes has added to the overall expression of the soil. The grapes, planted largely on chalky soils, are trained using albarello or guyot and are left to vigorously grow leaves so as to maintain freshness. Fermentation for Frappato takes place in stainless steel while the Nero d'Avola is fermented in large plastic tubs though her goal is to eventually ferment everything in cement. Maceration for the Nero d'Avola is 30-40 days and longer for the Frappato. In addition to the monovarietal wines, Arianna makes a blend of Nero and Frappato called SP68. Named for the road going past her house, the wine is made like a Cerasuolo but is labelled as IGT Sicilia as Arianna does not always want to age the wine for the minimum 18 months in barrel required by the authorities.
Occhipinti Il Frappato 2014

Occhipinti Il Frappato 2014

we 91
Long known as a blending grape, Frappato, in the hand of Arianna Occhipinti, becomes an extraordinary wine. 70% of the wine is macerated for 2 months on its skins, while the other 30% stayed on its skins for 8 months.  more
BN#592849

Price:$43.99

in mixed case $39.59

SKU 12295

Add to Cart
Occhipinti Sp68 Bianco 2015

Occhipinti Sp68 Bianco 2015

we 90
A blend of Albanello- a variety native to the Ragusa area near Vittoria- and Zibibbo (a.k.a. Muscat of Alexandria) sourced from Marsala, in northwest Sicily. The wine is fermented dry; Zibibbo lends a floral, aromatic complexity, while Albanello adds structure.  more
BN#592729

Price:$29.99

in mixed case $26.99

SKU 11401

Add to Cart
 

Occhipinti Alea Viva 2014

BN#629640

Price:$24.99

in mixed case $22.49

SKU 11389

Add to Cart
 

Occhipinti Alea Viva 2015

BN#629649

Price:$22.99

in mixed case $20.69

SKU 25261

Add to Cart